School's Out!! but.... don't forget to READ!There are many wonderful books to read over the summer months, plus don't forget your public library's summer reading club!
Here's a few suggestions for ways to find great books to read:
Summer Reading Recommendations on the Web
MRSD Elementary Summer Reading Brochure is located at the bottom of this page
- Bookadventure - Summer Reading Lists
- The Bookhive
- Education World: Summer Reading Lists Find a Book - Lexile - search the Lexile database by your reading level and make your own booklists!
- Children's Classics from Hornbook
- New Hampshire's Great Stone Face Book Award Reading List - grades 4-6
- New Hampshire's Ladybug Reading list - preschool - grade 3
- Reading is Fundamental: Summer Slide
- Reading Rockets: 75 Authors/Illustrators Everyone Should Know
- Summertime Favorites -classic children's literature for grades K-12 presented by the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Top 10 Summer Reading List for Kids and Teens 2013
Summer Reading Adventure! Tips for Parents of Young Readers
Several brochures intended for parents that give tips for finding books and magazines,
encouraging reading, and ways to use summer activities to foster reading during the summer months.
These can be downloaded free from the International Reading Association
Reading Rockets: Launching Young Readers
A companion web site for the PBS 5 part series on helping young children acquire the skills they need to learn to read.
Johns Hopkins University School of Education Center for Summer learning site.
Last updated: 6/21/11
The links included within the Monadnock Regional School District (MRSD) web pages may let you leave the MRSD's Web site. The selection of links is limited to those that meet our educational purpose. The linked sites are not under the control of the MRSD and the MRSD is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The MRSD is not responsible for Webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The MRSD is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the MRSD.