The Monadnock Regional School District is a combined community of learners, education professionals & support staff, volunteers, businesses & civic organizations, tax-payers, and families who represent the towns of Fitzwilliam, Gilsum, Richmond, Roxbury, Swanzey, and Troy.
We embrace our shared responsibility to guide students to become active citizens who are both empowered and inspired to contribute to the future of their community.
Therefore, we collaborate not just to teach, but also to engage and educate every student in our district in an environment that is challenging, caring, and safe, while fostering life-long learning.
Our vision is to be a model of leadership and collaboration, committing to serve our community of learners through:
- Active Stewardship of social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth & well-being
- Unfailing Integrity that encourages positive communication, respectful relationships, and moral courage in a diverse environment
- Perpetual Innovation by continuously reviewing and updating our programs, technologies, and instructional practices to inspire complex thinking and creative problem-solving
Our Goals and Objectives
Towards Active Stewardship, in the area of Student Growth:
- We will foster the belief that learning, participating, and contributing to the community is critical to the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development and overall well being of each child and the community as a whole.
Towards Unfailing Integrity, in the area of Communication:
- We will improve external communication systems with the specific goal of creating open communication between the school district and the community.
- We will improve internal communication systems with the specific goal of creating open communication between the school district and it's staff and students.
Towards Perpetual Innovation, in the area of Opportunities:
- We will support the local community by providing rigorous, relevant and effective learning experiences by embracing and promoting a wide variety of opportunities and credit-earning pathways for all students.